Saturday, September 28, 2019

Seek first the Kingdom...

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else will be added onto you." (Matthew 6:33)

I never cared much for this statement from the Bible, as it never felt practical to me. But then when my career started feeling empty and lifeless back in 2009, I discovered another statement in "A Course in Miracles" that was saying something similar:

"Once you accept His plan as the one function that you would fulfill, there will be nothing else the Holy Spirit will not arrange for you without your effort. He will go before you making straight your path, and leaving in your way no stones to trip on, and no obstacles to bar your way. Nothing you need will be denied you. Not one seeming difficulty but will melt away before you reach it. You need take thought for nothing, careless of everything except the only purpose that you would fulfill." (ACIM - T-20.IV.8.4-8)

It was then I began to feel some hope! Could it truly be that all I need to focus on is the Holy Spirit within and asking to be given His Plan for me? And if I do this, everything I seem to need in terms of money, relationships, etc. will come to me without effort?

In the past 10 years of giving my full heart over to this principle, I've discovered it to be absolutely true, and oh so practical. And it is all about Giving in the true sense. Not trying to be a good person, but about Giving my life over to the Spirit of Love and letting it be in charge of me. In this state of humbleness, I am then not the "master of my own destiny", but more like the puppet being controlled by the true Master of Destiny... the One Who Knows exactly what will be most joyful and productive and loving in each and every moment for everyone. Being aligned with this true Master within is the secret to a truly happy life, and I've discovered that is all that God truly wants for us to have: a Happy Life. 🙂

Learn more about the upcoming "The Gift of Giving" online retreat.




No comments: